LEDC Executive Director
Lamoille Economic Development Corp. is seeking an Executive Director to coordinate and direct economic development efforts in the region. The successful candidate will report to an eleven-member Board of Directors and have the ability to work with public and private sector representatives to develop and implement business retention/recruitment and revitalization strategies as well as workforce development efforts in a rural setting. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Understand regulatory, regional and national business and community issues affecting the region’s competitiveness, communicate about those issues, and contribute to creative solutions.
- Write and administer grants
- Underwrite and administer loans from the Lamoille County Revolving Loan Fund
- Collaborate with Small Business Development Center to provide technical assistance to area businesses
- Engage federal and state legislators, state agencies and local officials to maintain funding levels for economic development in Lamoille County.
- Work closely with federal agencies such as USDA, Rural Development, the Economic Development Agency, SBA, FEMA, and others
- Manage projects, which are sometimes intense and time sensitive
- Attend early morning and evening meetings throughout Lamoille County.
- Organize and put on workshops, annual meetings and other group meetings which may at times include food service.
Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds, ideally with a degree in business, community development or a related field, and have an adequate number of years of relevant experience. Compensation is competitive, and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lamoille Economic Development Corporation
PO Box 455
Morrisville, VT 05661
Visit the Employment and Job Offering Pages of These LEDC Member Websites: